Homes & Living Arrangements FAQ

What types of residential services and houses does Lifeworks offer?
  • Lifeworks provides residential supports in a variety of settings.
  • We operate 15 programs. We have homes in Norwood, Westwood, Walpole, Sharon, Attleboro, Plainville, Foxboro, Natick, and Wrentham.
  • Two “apartment programs” located in Norwood, serve a total of 22 individuals who live in 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Staff is on duty during most of the hours when people are home, and throughout the night.
  • The staff-to-individual ratio varies in each program and is designed to meet the need of those living in the homes.
What is the Supported Living program? What types of services does Lifeworks provide in this program?
  • Lifeworks offers a comprehensive Supported Living Program serving people who live in their own apartments. We provide 4 to 24 hours of support per week depending on the individual’s needs. These areas of assistance could be personal care, medical needs, shopping, budgeting and laundry.
What types of support does residential staff provide?
  • The support that each individual receives is tailored according to the needs of the individual. Our staff assists with and/or provides training in personal care skills, budgeting and banking, menu planning and meal preparation, medical needs and medication management. Staff also organizes social and recreation activities both within the home and in the community.
Who are the funding sources of residential and supported living services?
  • Lifeworks accepts referrals for its residential and supported living programs from a variety of sources. The referrals can come from the appropriate state department funding source for the individual being referred such as the Department of Developmental Services. Lifeworks will also accept referrals from individuals being served, their families or other agencies that may be representing the individual. If a referral comes from one of these sources, Lifeworks will then coordinate the details of the referral with the appropriate funding source, whether that is a state department or the individual is funding the referral through private resources.
What process do I follow to obtain residential services?
  • All referrals for residential services should be sent directly to Chris Page, our Vice President, at the Lifeworks administrative offices. 781-762-4001.